Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Additions to OneNote

I have blogged about Microsoft's OneNote before. http://scottfirenza.blogspot.com/2014/02/onenote.html

I use it for my daily note taking app and like it personally over Evernote.I have OneNote installed at work through our Microsoft Office license, as an app on my iPhone and iPad, and online, which I use mainly when I am out and about with my Chromebook.

1. It's Free!
2. It syncs across all of my devices!
3. It does require a Microsoft account, but that is free, too!

Recent updates seemed to have improve this product even more.

1. Use the Clip to One Note functionality.

Visit https://www.onenote.com/Clipper/OneNote in any major browser and drag the Clip to OneNote button to your bookmarks bar.









Now, when you visit a website that you want to keep a record of, just click the Clip to OneNote button you just added to your bookmarks/favorites bar.
If you have note logged in, you will be prompted to do so.
The page is saved to your online OneNote account. The note saved to my QuickNotes section of my notebook. I can now manipulate this to another notebook or section of my notebook as needed.

2.  Taking a picture with the iPhone or iPad.
Microsoft has built its Office Lens app into OneNote for the iPhone and iPad. This allows users to take pictures of whiteboard notes, receipts and other documents and have them rendered more readable.
iosupdate
Just click the camera icon and select between whiteboard, photo, or document.

If you are looking for a good notes solution, give Microsoft OneNote a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment